Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We Need to Talk About Loki

Spoilers, so don't read on if you don't want to know about it.

I don't typically like superhero movies. Iron Man is ok, but I really am not big on the explosions. Sometimes it is just too much. Thor is my favorite superhero movie, partly because its more fantasy-like.

Last night I watched Thor: The Dark World in the theatre with two of my sisters. It was really good, and I was impressed. I think I probably laughed at all of the scenes with the Dark Elves, it was really funny to see Christopher Eccleston as a Dark Elf. Thankfully there was only one other person in the theatre besides us. Apparently no one goes to movies on Monday nights. (Either that, or they were all watching Hunger Games)

There were some plot holes, like the fact that Thor didn't visit Jane during the Avenger's movie. I mean, why wouldn't he? It didn't make sense. But overall it was awesome and I thought it was better than the first movie.

My favorite character has always been Loki in these movies, so it was really interesting to see what he did with him in this movie. I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster and was really confused. Has he changed or is he more evil than ever? I was really frustrated, especially at the end, where he impersonates (?) Odin. Why would he do that? It didn't really make sense. I really hope he didn't really kill Odin, I want them to redeem his character. So what is up with Loki!?

Yep that was my fangirl rant.

I knew Tom Hiddleston when I was like twelve before I watched Thor. He was in a British miniseries called Return to Cranford. It's one of my favorites.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.