Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Discarded



Today was my library day, and my boss didn't leave me anything to do. So I asked another lady that works there if she had any jobs and she told me to discard these old books. This involved tearing out the pocket that the date card goes in and getting rid of the silver security sticker underneath. In most of the books I had to complete cut the page out in order to get rid of the pocket; otherwise it would tear the book. Even though I was really only doing this:
I felt like I was doing this:
It was a heartbreaking process. Some of the books had really cool nameplates in them, dated from like the 80's and occasionally the books were even older. I had to resist the urge to sniff them all. Well, I sniffed one. Or two.
Today I was especially annoyed by the people who come to the library just to "chat". Seriously.Just.Get out.

Any way this is my favorite place in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.