Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Moment Came

So guys. DOCTOR WHO!

Before I get into the 50th Anniversary special in detail, fangirl rant time.

Oh my gosh David Tennant! It was awesome to see him back. John Hurt was awesome! Gallifrey was spectacular. Rose...wow. ALL THIRTEEN! What was that about?? (Besides Capaldi's eyeballs). WAIT does that mean he is the last Doctor. NO.

That being said, now into details.

That episode opens up with Clara and the 11th (now 12th or 13th?) starts out amazing and ends 10 times more amazing. John Hurt plays the War Doctor, which the Doctor comes to terms with at the end of the movie. Gallifrey is saved and the whole basis of the show was altered as well. No more Time War.

My favorite scene was the "all thirteen". That was just brilliant. All the Tardis's (?) all the Doctors, saving Gallifrey. It was epic. But it confused me. Remember the 12 regeneration rule? What happens now? Is Capaldi the 13th doctor or the 14th, and will Doctor Who continue?

Billie Piper's role also confused me alot. But I thought that the whole "moment" thing was really cool.

But it broke my heart at Tennant's last scene in the movie. He said...you guessed it. "I don't wanna go." I swear I think all the Whovians in the theatre had thier hearts break.

My conclusion is: The special was brilliant, but it left me with even more questions than I had before the movie.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. EEEEEE I saw it too!! IT WAS AMAZING. But yes, I know watcha mean: it leaves so many questions.

    I'll bet anything that there will be lots of significant episodes about Gallifrey coming soon (with Capaldi....).

    Sighhh...I'm not ready for Matt to leave. I don't know if I'll ever be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not ready for Matt to leave too. I wasn't ready for David Tennant to leave either. I suppose I'll get over it. :(

    But yes, super excited for Gallifrey.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.