Thursday, November 21, 2013

All Hail the Tardis

Drum roll please! I finished it. My Tardis is complete and done in time for the 50th anniversary.




So in case anyone cares, I made this out of white Sculpey clay and painted it with Reeves acrylic. (That came in a set I got for Christmas about five years ago) I then gave it several layers of Scupley glaze to give it that shine and prevent the paint from chipping and sticking to me.






 Down here is a comparison of the new one on the right and an old one I did in an art class last year. Pretty bad, huh? The new one is so much better. I had just started watching Who when I made the first one so I hadn't had much time to study the Tardis haha. See what watching all the series gives you? A perfect Tardis. Not. But anyway I think the new one has more detail. Took me stinking forever to paint police box on the new one. But it is accurate! I realized that when I painted the first one I made the Police Box words in black on white instead of in white on black. I was such a new Whovian. :D  Anyway that's all for now. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.