Thursday, November 14, 2013

Google Glass: Reality or Science Fiction?

At this rate, I'll be posting like five times a day. Whatever. Hey, it's not like anyone's reading this, right?

My best friend Sarah's dad was asked to test Google Glass recently. I believe he went, although I haven't heard anything of it since. Some people know about Google Glass, but the majority of people I haved talked to have no idea what it is, and upon hearing my explanation, laugh.

So what is Google Glass? In short, Glass is a smartphone worn as glasses. You can watch movies, use Google Maps, and take pictures, right from your eyes. Amazing, right? I was really excited about these fantastic pieces of technology right off the bat. Currently they are not available to the public, but are expected to be on the market next year. Most likely it will become the top 2014 Christmas list item.

The more I learn about this product, the more amazed I am. I'd say we haven't done too badly with futuristic movies in the past. I feel like I am starting to live in a science fiction tv show, waiting for the Doctor to turn up and stop the use of Google Glass that is secretly hiding hijacking alien species.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, welcome to the world of bloginess!! Yay for geeks.*high fives*
    Thanks for following me on my blog ('twas very nice of you ;). Nice to meet ya!

    God bless,
    K-Minty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I've always wanted to start a blog and so I decided I just needed to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.