Monday, November 18, 2013

Fair is Foul, and Foul is Fair

Yet another post on the same day. I'm on a roll. But this is a really short one. This blog is probably go
ing to be more of small updates on my thoughts then long meditations. I wish I could write long meditations haha.

I finished Macbeth today in British Literature. I kinda enjoyed it. I came to hate Macbeth, love Banquo and mourne with Macduff. Last week I had to do a research paper on Shakespeare Tragedy and Macbeth. I found it interesting to note that Shakespeare composed Macbeth during the reign of King James and most historians believe that he was trying to make a point and show James up through this play. Originally a tale of a great king who was admired for bravery and good kingsmanship, Shakespeare twisted it around into a conscience- riveting and twisted tragedy in which ambition kills sense of duty, honor and leaves people tormented by guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.