Friday, November 15, 2013

Of Mermaids and Dragons

Today at breakfast my family and I had an interesting and deep conversation about creatures in mythology. My sister Rebekah started it by telling us that a seven year old in her school class said she watched some television program where scientist "found" a mermaid. Really now. So this opened a whole can of worms about strange creatures and we came to dragons. This got me started talking because I really like medieval history and legends.

From the way I see it, there is truth in every legend (I think the Doctor said something similar in an DW episode- the Doctor's Daughter?). I think there was probably some sort of form of dinosaur left on Earth during the medieval ages which are our "dragons". I watched a commentary by Ken Ham a couple of years ago in which he states that dinosaurs may have seemed to blow fire because of very hot breath due to their large bodies.

As far as mermaids go...No.

2 comments:

  1. "...ON A SPACESHIP!!!!!"
    oh man. I loved that episode.

    I think I get what you mean about truth behind every legend. Didn't manatees used to get mistaken for mermaids by sailors a long time ago? Even though it was a mistake though, their misconception made for some pretty neat stories. :D

    ---on a whole different note though: I LOVE YOUR DRAWING/ART PROJECT THINGYMABOBBY. It's reeeally cool. You should post more about your artwork sometime. :)

    *sigh* art. art is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry this is so late my school computer won't let me comment back) Thanks! I really like to draw stuff and starting teaching myself Manga this past year. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.