Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Science and Faith

I really enjoy listening to music while I work on various art projects, it inspires different themes for my artwork. I usually set up my kindle on the table where I work and listen to Pandora. I really like Coldplay, the Script, One Republic and Maroon 5 (some songs are sketchy, I "thumb down" those ones.)
I found a song that I really like by the Script called Science and Faith. It explores the idea that love and faith cannot be explained by science. Although the Script is most likely not a band with Christian members, the song's message had an element of truth. Whether people like to admit it or not, science is not the answer to everything. True, alot of things can be explained by science, but since God is the creator of everything, the essence of everything cannot be explained without him in the picture. I was reminded of this during a conversation at the dinner table about astronomy. I really love astronomy, and have taken it as a school subject for about two years now. It fascinates me. (This may have something to do with Doctor Who) But alot of the theories in my textbook are very Big Bang focused and not Creator focused. When I said this to my mother, she pointed out that God could have used the Big Bang to create the Earth and the universe and such, but not in the way scientists believe it happened. Personally I lean more towards 7-day creation, but what she said is true. A lot of parts of the Bible were not intended to be taken literally. None of us were there when creation happened, so none of us really know how exactly the Earth and the universe were created. We only know that God created it. It says somewhere in Hebrews, I believe, that a thousand years is like a day to God. If we took that passage completely literally, then when it says in Genesis that God created the universe in seven days, that could mean 7000 years. So who knows? No one will know the exact answer until we reach heaven. But it doesn't really matter how God created the Earth, does it? Just the fact that He created it and what He created is ridiculously amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.