Thursday, August 21, 2014

Retail Adventures

This week is my last week working both my jobs - I'm going to come back and work once every 28 days (to stay on the payroll) and breaks at Giant, however. Working retail has been an experience, and I'm glad I did it - I've learned a lot of life skills.

Last night I had some adventures. It was already a weird night - I had been doing miscellaneous stuff since I arrived for my shift. I was hired as a cashier, but when the one manager Damien is working, he has me do all kinds of stuff. Which I don't really mind - he's my favorite manager anyways - but it can be a lot of work. 

(Giant literally called me while I was writing this post and asked me to come in two hours early...)

Our closing register wasn't working correctly last night - which ended up being a pain in the neck since Damien had to nag the tech people for permission to open another register's till (You're not supposed to after 10:30, but he had no choice - the register wasn't taking any card payments correctly).

There's a girl my manager that I can't stand - she flirts with him and annoys me constantly. I don't show that I don't like her, I'm actually pretty nice - but she hates me because Damien talks to me more. (which is stupid since she's still sixteen and he's 20) She tells me to shut up, won't bag for me even though it's her job, etc. So she was there last night causing all sorts of problems by hitting the manager call button and laughing as my manager came over to see who needs help. 

The highlight of the night was the homeless guy who we got a cab for. Which cost me 20 bucks I really couldn't afford. I'll admit, a small part of me wanted to say no to helping him out. But hey, I'm doing this for a good cause, it's what Jesus would have done, and if I'm short money He will provide me with what I need - He always has. So I came to peace with it and was glad I was able to help since no one else had any money apparently.

Anyways, those were my adventures in retail. I know, not really all that exciting. But hey, I had nothing else to blog about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.