Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Earl and Fairy (Review)




I decided to watch this anime after seeing that it has similarities to the movie Howl's Moving Castle. I'm a HUGE fan of British drama and Victorian Era stories, so I had high hopes for this anime.

I have to admit after the first episode I wasn't very impressed. The art wasn't fantastic and it was kind of sloppy. However I decided to give it another chance, and fell in love with Lydia and the story line. The character development through this series is excellent, especially with Edgar, and I was really impressed by episode 12. I also loved the music, it was similar to the soundtrack of a movie.





I think this would probably be one of my favorites if it weren't for the romantically odd ending. The plot was somewhat resolved, but I felt like the relationship between Edgar and Lydia wasn't completed. It really ruined how I felt about the anime overall. I'm a big romantic, so others might not mind so much.

The show could easily have gotten another season with it's excellent story, but due to the artwork those possibilities were snuffed pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.