Thursday, July 9, 2015

Reply 1997 Review

I finished Reply 1997 last week, I must confess it took me less than 9 days to finish this Korean drama. I am not proud to admit that I have been spending most of my free time after work watching Korean drama, but hey, I won't have time during the school year to watch anything so I might as well enjoy it while I can.
 
(Possible spoilers ahead)

I loved Reply 1997 - it didn't follow the typical Korean drama recipe - the main guy isn't a rich snob who hates everyone and then falls in love with the poor girl. I have to say that this drama is probably one of my favorite Korean dramas so far, because it is unique, and all the characters had so much development through the show, and were relatable to me. The show felt like it could have been an actual real-life story.

It made me laugh so hard, sometimes I wondered what my roommate thinks of me - ah well, she's knows I'm weird just from the fact that I watch Korean drama. While there were times the show frustrated the heck out of me, it had a very satisfying ending, and a good rap up for all of the lives of the different characters in the story. I fell in love with the side characters, ( the dad was probably my favorite, he's hilarious) and the 90's heavy atmosphere of the show. All of those old phones, haha.

Its an awesome show about growing up and discovering what it means to be yourself, while maturing and learning about love. It's also a show about how important friendships are, and what it means to be a good friend. In short, I loved this show so much, and recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.