Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why I Think I Have No Friends

Walking into the dining hall alone is perhaps the scariest thing ever. I walk in, and look around for someone I know and half the time I can't find anyone. The people that I would like to hang out with never eat at the same time as me and so often I end up sitting by myself - also partly to the fact that my roommate ignores me. So therefore I have come to the conclusion that I must have no friends.

Whether or not this is true has no validity at the moment since I have already determined that I have no friends since no one I know is in the dining hall when I need to eat. There have been times when I make plans with someone and then it doesn't work out - which has also led me to believe that I have no friends.

I soon realized as I processed this way of thinking, that I based my friendships on whether or not my "friends" were in the dining hall when I wanted to eat. How dare you skip a meal and leave me here alone. As if I am the most important person in the world and if you don't eat with you are not my friend.

Obviously this thinking is wrong and I have friends. As a matter of fact I just ate dinner with one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from people.